High and volatile energy prices, environmental policies and energy security considerations all require an urgent response in terms of generating energy from sustainable sources using clean technology such as wind and solar power and biomass.
We advise focused renewables businesses and those active in other areas but who are investigating the sector, in a number of areas.
We advise clients on:
- Lead advisory: Advising clients on the acquisition or sale of renewable energy businesses or individual projects
- Project delivery: Assisting clients project manage delivery of proposals, introducing them to other professionals as required, from planning advisers through to engineering consultants
- Business plan preparation and / or review: From an informal check of financial projections on behalf of a client thinking about capital expenditure in the sector to formal reports for equity investors, debt providers or project financers
- Due diligence: Review and assessment of financial risks and issues as part of an acquisition, sale or other material business relationship
- Equity and debt finance raising: Assisting and advising renewable energy companies access the capital they need to realise growth ambitions and support other businesses source funds they need to deploy renewable energy technologies
- Grant advisory: The low carbon economy is a cross-cutting theme for many public funding "pots" and our sector specialism supports our technical specialists in this area
- Commercial and regulatory advice: Advice on the changing regulatory environment, how that may impact commercial opportunities, along with best practice benchmarking
- Carbon accounting: Technical input into voluntary or mandatory carbon accounting, either as part of statutory reporting or supplier/tender requirements
- Taxation advice: Knowledgeable sector specific advice on all aspects of direct and indirect taxation
For further information please contact out Renewables expert Bob Meier.