History of an award-winning firm
Francis Clark is named after its founder Francis S Clark.
After practicing as a certified accountant in Salisbury, Rhodesia - now Harare, Zimbabwe - he returned to England and opened an office in Newton Abbot in November 1919.
Since then and even more significantly since 1980, the firm has expanded, acquiring offices in Exeter, New Forest, Poole, Plymouth, Salisbury, Tavistock (now closed), Taunton and Truro by merging with practices that shared the firm’s objectives.
Since Mr. Clark first put up his plate in Newton Abbot, Francis Clark has expanded from one partner with an assistant to 60 partners and over 600 staff with eight offices in the South West.
Despite this growth, the objective of all of us at Francis Clark, every partner and every member of the staff, remains the same, to provide each client with an effective, professional and personal service.