Date: Thu, 11/04/2019
Time: 09:00 to 17:30
RSVP Date: Thu, 04/04/2019
Location: Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel, College Green, BS1 5TA
Following recent approval by the Legal Services Board of the SRA’s proposals in relation to the future regulation of the legal sector, PKF Francis Clark will deliver a series of one day seminars during April 2019 aimed at helping law firms with the opportunities and challenges arising. The seminars will focus, in particular, on the new SRA Accounts Rules and the commercial impact from a structural and taxation viewpoint that these changes could have on law firms over the coming years.
- To help you be prepared for future SRA compliance visits and investigations
- Identify efficiencies and possible cost savings under the new Accounts Rules
- Help to reduce the risk of a qualified Accountants’ Report
- Identify tax and commercial planning opportunities for your firm
- Meet your obligations as a COFA or Manager in the firm
- Ensure your firm is ready for the impact of changes from Summer 2019
Who should attend?
- Managing partners
- Finance partners/directors
- Practice managers
- Senior finance team members
- Compliance partners
Morning (9am-1pm) (Accounts Rules focus)
- Reviewing the detail of the new rules and considering where firms need to make changes to comply from April 2019
- Identifying opportunities where firms can make changes under the new rules which may be more practical and commercial for them
- Reviewing available guidance from the SRA on the new rules
- Considering internal audit processes and the role and obligations of the COFA and Managers
Afternoon (1.30pm-5.30pm) (Strategic focus)
- Opportunities for law firm structuring following approval of the SRA’s proposals for regulatory change
- Current tax planning strategies in law firm businesses and how this is changing
- Funding your law firm in the future – how much partner capital should you have? How much external debt?
- How to interpret your competitors' financial performance
To reserve a space
Please click here for Bristol's half day session.
Please click here for Bristol's full day session (including lunch).
Places are limited so early booking is recommended.
£150 plus VAT / £225 plus VAT depending on session selected