We advise around 100 law firms, from the sole practitioner to some of the largest practices in the UK. We represent firms nationwide, from Northumberland to Kent and the far west of Cornwall. We continue to be retained and sought out by new clients because we know exactly what is happening in and to the legal sector. It is not for nothing that we are known as the solicitors’ accountants.
As the legal market becomes ever more competitive, crowded and aggressive, there has never been a time when it has been more important to get best advice. This is exactly what we provide. We deal with positives, giving advice that is always proactive, knowledgeable and practical.
We have become leaders in our field because we provide experienced and skilled advice. That experience is reflected in our involvement with the ICAEW Solicitors’ Special Interest Group, the Law Management Section of the Law Society, the Solicitors Regulatory Authority and other specialist sector legal groups at a national level.
As a Top 25 UK firm, Francis Clark have internal Lexcel consultants, Chartered Tax Advisers,VAT specialists and accountants with in-house law firm expertise.
We advise on all the regulatory and common issues you would expect any leading firm of accountants to do, including Solicitors Accounts Rules, annual accounting and audit services, tax and risk planning on structuring LLPs and Companies.
However, as leaders in our field we are also able to offer a great deal more to help give your firm the edge over the opposition:
- The FC LegalBenchmark. This is the benchmark with the difference. Not only does the FC LegalBenchmark tell you how you are getting on compared with your competition, it also gives all the inside information on trends and what is really happening within law firms.
- ABS applications.
- Regular Newsletters and Blogs giving hands-on advice on how to deal with compliance issues, tax, pricing and whatever is the current important issue for the sector on the day.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance. Nearly 200 firms failed in the 2013 ‘panic’ to get PII. We work with our clients throughout the year on their next crucial PII application.
- OFR (Outcomes-Focused Regulation) implementation advice for COLPs and COFAs and of course all the managers in the firm required to comply with the Principles of the SRA Handbook.
- Mergers. This may be a great move or it can very easily turn into an expensive disaster. We can help you get it right from the very start.
- Compliance. We are able to advise and help so that compliance on COFA appointments and other regulatory responsibilities no longer becomes a ‘chore’ but the key to your future success and profitability.
- Cash flow and capital management reviews (whether for firms directly or on behalf of financial institutions).
- Management. Most solicitors are not managers. Good management and a strong leadership team is essential . We can help advise on how to manage your firm differently, more effectively and more profitably.
- Strategy. This is no longer a luxury but essential for every successful law practice. If your bank has not yet asked to see your strategic plan, then they soon will be. We can help put your plan together.
We are professionals ourselves so we appreciate that choosing professional advisers, for whatever reason, is a big step. We also know that it is important that you have the right accountants advising your firm. Therefore, if you would like to simply have an informal chat with us about how you think that Francis Clark can help your legal practice, then we will come and see you without cost or obligation so that you can find out whether we are indeed the right accountants for your firm. Just email our Head of Legal sector Andrew Allen and he will get back in touch with you.