Expertise - Professional Sports
Many professional sports persons work hard both on and off the field, developing successful businesses outside of the sporting arena.
Francis Clark’s Sports Department pools resources from across the award winning firm to cater for all accountancy and taxation needs of the sporting world. Whether a professional or former professional sports person, coach, manager or professional sports club we have the expertise to cater for every need.
Professional Sports Persons
- Do you travel to different events or training locations? Do you purchase or wash your own kit? Have you been on loan? Do you carry out public appearances? You could be entitled to a tax reclaim for the last four years!
- Are you negotiating a contract or moving clubs? We could save you thousands of pounds in taxation just by reviewing and structuring the contract in the most tax efficient manner.
- Do you or your spouse have further businesses, whether a sole trade, partnership or Limited company and need assistance?
- Do you own a rental property or holiday home? Feel safe in the knowledge that you are accounting for these correctly. Taxation planning could save you thousands of pounds in capital gains tax.
- Would you like inheritance tax advice and structuring to provide more for your loved ones in the future?
- Do you need to create or update a will?
With a vast client base of professional sports persons we have the expertise to assist you.
Overseas Professional Sports Person
- Are you in need of taxation advice and guidance?
- Have you signed a contract with a sports entity in the UK?
- Do you have properties both overseas and in the UK?
Why not give us a call and see what we can do for you?
- Do you coach at different venues or purchase your own kit and equipment? You could be entitled to a tax refund for up to four years!
- Do you need assistance completing self-assessment returns?
- Do you have a limited company or need assistance in completing business accounts?
Professional Sports Clubs
Running a professional sports club is a complex business. Catering for clients in this industry since the firm was established we have a wealth of knowledge and expertise to assist you. Whatever your business need, please contact us for assistance:
- Management accounts
- Statutory accounts
- Trust Accounts (should your sports club be owned by a Trust)
- Corporation Tax computation and planning
- P11D preparation
- Payroll and bookkeeping support
- Due diligence or audit
- Efficiencies reporting
- Business Recovery and administration
- Auto enrolment for pension schemes (compulsory in 2015)
- Could there be a monetary value attributed to your ‘image’?
- Do you currently have an ‘image rights’ company?
- Do you need assistance with an HM Revenue & Customs enquiry into your current image rights situation?
We can provide effective tax planning to maximise the tax saving possible from the exploitation of your image rights and defend your position should HM Revenue & Customs raise any enquiries.
Have the peace of mind to focus on your profession, knowing that your taxation and accountancy needs are taken care of.
Meet the Team
To find our how we can help you, please contact Tamsin Tully.
We also cater for sports related charities, whether this is completing the accounts, providing business advice or completing an Independent Examination or Audit.