Given the size and importance of the regional food and drink market you would expect a firm the size and expertise of Francis Clark to have a significant presence in this market – and we won’t disappoint!
Our clients include:
- Artisan food and drink businesses serving a local market
- Businesses whose reputations extend across the region
- Food and drink businesses operating on a national scale with a brand to match.
These businesses cover the complete food chain and include:
- Growers and producers
- Processors and manufacturers
As you would expect the majority of these businesses are family owned, reflecting the nature of the business community in the South West, although some do have external or indeed private equity investors.
Many of these are recurring audit and tax clients but we also have extensive experience of advising food and drink businesses on issues such as:
- Finance raising – bank, grant, or equity
- Strategic advice
- Tax planning and restructuring
- Transaction advice – whether acquiring or selling a business.
Food and drink businesses are exposed to a particular range of business challenges – vagaries of our weather, commodity price fluctuations, building brand strength and the power of the supermarkets to name a few.
We have a clear understanding of these challenges and are able to offer robust, commercial and effective guidance. We match wide-ranging experience and a sensitive client approach to provide both compliance services and tailored strategic advice to help food and drink businesses.